To get better understanding of SAP FICO Account Payables , you must first understand the Purchasing cycle. The following documents and links are a good resource to help a beginner understand SAP FICO Account Payables – Purchase to Pay process. I will be happy to add new links or documents that any reader would like to share here.
- This Link has SAP help documentation about Procurement introduction in SAP Materials Management. Usually, I have found SAP documentation helpful while working on the system but not while understanding the basic concept.
- This link is a good explanation provided by SAP SCN user Navaneetha Krishnan
- This Wiki article explains pictorially the processes involved in SAP FICO Account payable Purchase cycle.
- After you have gone through the basic of Procurement to Pay cycle follow the below videos. These good videos created by Karma Sherif shows the business process followed in a organisation that has SAP MM and SAP FICO Account Payables implemented. This does not explain the basic concepts but does give a good hand on of the overall process as it is done in SAP GUI screen.
- SAP Purchasing Exercise Part 1 – Creating a Purchase Order
- SAP Purchasing Exercise Part 2 – Creating a Invoice and Goods Receipt
I will suggest going through more video’s if you find them good.
- Quite similiar to the above videos but documented is this below PDF by Lavanya. M and shared by user GVKREDDYVAMSI
- Lastly , The below presentation shared by tiffanymaetua on SAP Produce to Pay process to explains the overall flow.